Public Relations Account Executive
Posted on 1/15/14
Submit your resume and cover letter to Tom Lee (email@example.com).
Title: Account Executive
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: Account Director
About 451 Marketing:
451 Marketing is an award-winning, fully integrated marketing and communications agency that specializes in creative design, advertising, public relations, digital marketing, media buying, experiential events, and content marketing. Headquartered in Boston with offices in New York and Los Angeles, 451 Marketing brings the big ideas that make people fall “crazy-in-love” with your brand.
This position is for our office in Los Angeles, known for its creative, entrepreneurial culture that continually generates fresh ideas and fosters innovation. We are looking for a candidate who is self-motivated, detail oriented, an effective multi-tasker, and demonstrates a strong desire to learn and grow.
The Account Executive (AE) has over three years of public relations agency experience. The AE serves as a primary client contact, handling the execution of the tactical and strategic elements of 451 Marketing’s public relations campaigns. The AE reports directly to an Account Director and/or a Senior Account Executive. The AE also works closely with 451 Marketing’s social media team to facilitate integrated communications campaigns.
The AE has a strong grasp of the tactical execution of a public relations campaign and continues to develop and refine strategic skills by working closely with Senior Account Executives and Account Directors to develop and implement a successful PR campaign. AEs should think and act more strategically and proactively than Assistant Account Executives and Account Coordinators. AEs should have demonstrated leadership skills through their work with Account Coordinators and support staff.
- Develop a strong relationship with client contact(s); act as back-up to the Account Director and Senior Account Executives
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with key media members
- Identify, pitch and follow-up with editorial opportunities and new media opportunities
- Continually look to identify various client opportunities
- Write and place by-lined articles when appropriate
- Attend in-person press meetings with client, when appropriate
- Write press kit documents as well as news releases and pitch letters
- Develop press tour schedules, appointments; secure meetings at trade shows
- Develop tactical plans for clients, as needed
- Oversee monthly and quarterly PR reports
- Keep abreast of each client’s industry; competition and coverage
- Assist in managing Account Coordinators and interns as assigned
- Work with social media team when appropriate
- Bachelors Degree
- Three to five years of public relations agency experience
- Experience with consumer brands preferred
To apply for this position please email resume and qualifications to:
Tom Lee, Senior Partner