Title: Account Director
Reports to: Executive Vice President of PR
The Account Director (AD) serves as a primary, high-level client contact, providing strategic direction and guiding the execution of the tactical elements of 451 Marketing’s public relations campaigns. The AD typically has eight to 10 years of experience, and reports directly to the Vice President of Public Relations. They are directly accountable for the overall success of client PR programs and oversee all account activities of at least four accounts. The AD is responsible for the daily oversight of an assigned public relations team, which can consist of one or more of the following: Senior Account Executives, Account Executives, Assistant Account Executives and Account Coordinators. The AD works closely with 451’s digital marketing and creative teams to facilitate integrated communications campaigns.
They continue to develop and refine PR team and client management skills by working closely with Vice Presidents and executive staff to help strengthen and grow the agency’s PR practice. ADs demonstrate leadership and teaching skills through their work with Senior Account Executives, Account Executives, Account Coordinators and support staff.
Directors work with agency senior management on their own professional development and help facilitate the growth and development of their team members. They are responsible for regularly keeping management informed about client issues and account needs.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with client contact(s)
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with key, top-tier media members
- Manage a team of Senior Account Executives, Account Executives, Assistant Account Executives and Account Coordinators as assigned
- Develop and oversee targeted public relations strategies for clients; guide PR team in the development and execution of tactical plans for clients
- Oversee regular client reporting – weekly, monthly and quarterly
- Keep abreast of each client’s industry; competition and coverage
- Oversee and assist with team’s identification, pitching and follow-up with editorial opportunities and new media opportunities
- Hold weekly meetings with account teams; foster communication, teamwork, and efficiency; assign all responsibilities and tasks to individual team members at all levels
- Attend in-person press meetings and tours (including SMTs and tradeshow participation) with client, when appropriate
- Oversee the development of all PR materials
- Work with 451’s digital marketing and creative teams, as appropriate
- Serve as a mentor for junior staff members
- Monitor and report mid-month and monthly billings to agency management
- Set goals for deliverables, resources and budgets at all times and look ahead to add new program activities that would benefit clients.
- Hiring (support)
- Direct one-on-one management of SAE’s and more junior staff
- Expenses (oversight)
- Client account staffing management (support)
- Business travel is sometimes required
- Bachelors Degree
- Eight to ten years of public relations agency experience required
- Experience with consumer technology brands preferred